Curious Canadian Cemeteries began as an attempt to showcase the unique burial grounds, cemeteries, and graveyards across Canada. It was born out of frustration at seeing so many books discussing interesting burial sites around the world, which only mention a handful of sites in Canada, if any at all. Through a series of posts, I seek to inform my readers of the history that sits in our burial grounds throughout the country, and perhaps inspire a few of you to get out and visit your local historic burial grounds.
Below you will find an updated list of all of the sites I’ve covered so far. It will be added to as I write more posts on the topic. If you have any questions about the project, or have a local burial ground that you’d like to see featured on the series, send me a message through my contact page!
Thanks so much for reading.
Curious Canadian Cemeteries:
- St. Saviour’s Anglican Cemetery, Penticton, BC
- Belvedere Roman Catholic Cemetery, St. John’s, NFLD
- Union Cemetery, Calgary, AB
- Rockwood Cemetery, Rockwood, ON
- Toronto Necropolis, Toronto, ON
- Brick Street Cemetery, London, ON
- Fairview Cemetery, near Oliver, BC