This page contains an up-to-date list of my peer-reviewed publications as well as other articles & media contributions. If you have any questions about any of my work, my blog, or would like to discuss anything with me, feel free to visit my ‘Contact’ page and send me an email!
- Lacy, Robyn S. 2020. Burial and Death in Colonial North America: Exploring Interment Practices and Landscapes in 17th Century British Settlements. Emerald Group Publishing: Bingley, UK.
- Lacy, Robyn S. 2018. Public Engagement through Burial Landscapes: Cupids and Ferryland, Newfoundland. AP: Online Journal of Public Archaeology, Special Volume 3: Death in the Contemporary World: Perspectives from Public Archaeology. Pp. 55-78. Available online: http://revistas.jasarqueologia.es/index.php/APJournal/issue/view/14/showToc
- Lacy, Robyn S., Gaulton, Barry C., and Stephen J. Piercey. 2018. Inscriptions, Outcrops, and XRF: Analysis of the Ferryland Gravestones. North Atlantic Archaeology Journal, Volume 5, 2018. Pg. 91 – 110.
- Lacy, R. 2012. Mesoamerican ceramic vessel (illustration). In Fanning the Sacred Flame: Mesoamerican Studies in Honor of H.B. Nicholson. Edited by M.A. Box and B.D. Dillon. University of Colorado Press, Colorado.
- Lacy, Robyn S. 2017. ‘Here lieth interr’d’: An examination of 17th-century British burial landscapes in eastern North America’. Master of Arts Thesis. Department of Archaeology, Memorial University of Newfoundland. St. John’s, Newfoundland.
Available through Memorial University of Newfoundland, Queen Elizabeth II Library: http://research.library.mun.ca/12933/1/thesis.pdf
- UPDATE to Statistical Data in thesis: Statistical Analysis of Burial Grounds_updated data
- Lacy, Brendan, & Robyn Lacy. 2018. Fragments of Industry. Acorn, Vol. 43, Issue 1. Architecture Conservancy of Ontario.
- Grimes, Vaughan, Maria Lear, Jessica Munkittrick, & Robyn Lacy. 2018. Excavation and Preliminary Analysis of a Historical Burial Ground at Foxtrap-2 (CjAf-10). Foxtrap, Newfoundland. Provincial Archaeology Office Annual Review 2017. Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry, and Innovation, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. Available online at: http://www.tcii.gov.nl.ca/pao/arch_in_nl/index.html
- Gaulton, Barry, Duncan Williams, Robyn Lacy, & Colleen McNulty. 2018 A brief survey of Bull Arm 1 and Backside Beach 1, Trinity Bay, Newfoundland. Provincial Archaeology Office Annual Review 2017. Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry, and Innovation, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. Available online at: http://www.tcii.gov.nl.ca/pao/arch_in_nl/index.html
- Gaulton, Barry & Robyn Lacy. 2018. Archaeology at Ferryland 2017. Provincial Archaeology Office Annual Review 2017. Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry, and Innovation, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador. Available online at: http://www.tcii.gov.nl.ca/pao/arch_in_nl/index.html
- Lacy, Robyn S. 2017. ‘Nyne of Ten of them Dyed’: Searching for Calvert’s Colonists at Ferryland. Newfoundland Quarterly, Volume 110, Number 3, Winter 2017/2018. Aspects. Pg. 44 – 51. Memorial University, St. John’s.
- Lacy, Robyn S. 2016. Fieldwork Summary: Searching for the lost 17th-century burial ground at Ferryland, Site Report. In Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Archaeology Office 2016 Fieldwork Review. (2017) Edited by Steve Hull. Available online at: http://www.tcii.gov.nl.ca/pao/arch_in_nl/index.html
- 2019. ‘Episode 91: What is involved in cultural resource management, cemetery conservation and public archaeology?’ The Arch & Anth Podcast. Dr. Michael Rivera, December 27, 2019. Available online at: https://archandanth.com/episode-91-interview-with-robyn-lacy/
- 2019. ‘Ontario has a grave problem – its tombstones are falling apart.’ CBC News. Hayden Watters, June 9, 2019. Available online at: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/graveyards-tombstones-falling-apart-1.5165549?fbclid=IwAR2VOp3qg7-Eg56t2POqQk66RQ5jUMuhXg0gYTBvB1HzVJzSW3UIKdlwzxk
- 2018. ‘Why are standing buildings archaeology?’ Archaeoduck: Meet the Archaeologist Series, Episode 3. YouTube Channel run by Dr. Chloe Duckworth. Available online at: https://youtu.be/8ofCm6XB8ec
- Lacy, Robyn S. 2017. Archaeology, Death Positivity, and Public Engagement. Contribution to: ‘Death and the Maiden’. Available online at: https://deadmaidens.com/2017/11/24/archaeology-death-positivity-and-public-engagement/
- 2017. ‘Burials, Blogging, and Social Media in Archaeology’. Go Dig a Hole, Episode 32. Podcast hosted by Christopher Sims. Available online at: http://www.godigahole.com/2017/08/22/podcast-burials-blogging-and-social-media-in-archaeology/
- 2017. ‘Headstones, Hexfoils, and Historical Archaeology with Robyn Lacy.’ Living Heritage, June 8th, 2017. Radio Show and Podcast hosted by Dale Jarvis. Available online at: http://www.ichblog.ca/2017/06/headstones-hexfoils-and-historic.html.
- Lacy, Robyn S. 2016. Fieldwork Summary: Searching for the lost 17th-century burial ground at Ferryland. Newfoundland and Labrador Archaeological Society fall 2016 Newsletter.
- Lacy, Robyn S. 2016. Fieldwork Summary: Searching for the lost 17th-century burial ground at Ferryland. Canadian Archaeological Association fall 2016 Newsletter. Edited by Katherine Cook.
- Lacy, Robyn S. ‘To Save the Soul: Protective Marks in a Mortuary Context.’ Presented at the Society for Historical Archaeology annual conference. Boston, MA. January 11, 2020.
- Schofield-Mansur, Sarah, and Lacy, Robyn S. ‘In Memoriam: Challenges in Historical Burial Ground Conservation.’ Poster. Society for Historical Archaeology annual conference. January 9, 2020.
- Lacy, Robyn S. ‘An analysis of Anglican and Puritan burial landscape organization in 17th-century New England.’ Presented at the Council for Northeast Historical Archaeology (CNEHA)’s Annual conference. Halifax, Nova Scotia. October 20, 2018.
- Lacy, Robyn S. ‘An Inconvenient Corpse’, Winter Dead in Colonial Canada. Presented at Death Salon Boston, Cambridge, MA, September 29, 2018.
- Lacy, Robyn S. ‘The Colonial Place of Death: Statistical Analysis of the 17th-century burial landscape of British North America.’ Poster. Canadian Archaeology Association 50th Annual Conference, Gatineau, QC. May 12, 2017.
- Lacy, Robyn S. Unconsecrated Dirt: Influence and Interaction in morbid spaces. Presented at the Transmortality Conference 2017, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. March 3 -4, 2017.
- Lacy, Robyn S. ‘Here lieth interr’d: An examination of the 17th-century burial landscape of coastal British North America’. Presented at the Aldrich Graduate Research Conference. March 19 – 20, 2016.